International School on Geometry and Physics: Moduli spaces in geometry, topology and physics
The main goal of this school is to introduce graduate students and postdocs to active fields of current research in the theory of moduli spaces and their interplay with geometry, topology and theoretical physics.
REGISTRATION PERIOD: 1 November - 31 December, 2007.
The organizing committee can provide some financial support to cover registration fees, accommodation expenses and/or living expenses. Priority is given to PhD students and young postdocs. Please note that no support will be available for travel expenses.
The school will take place at the International Center of Mathematical Meetings, in Castro Urdiales (Cantabria, Spain). Castro Urdiales is located 35 kilometers West of Bilbao and 75 kilometers East of Santander.
The school will consist of 5 introductory courses of 4 to 5 hours each:
- Peter Gothen (Universidade do Porto): Higgs Bundles.
- Amihay Hanany (Imperial College and Technion): Tilings, Dimers and Quiver Gauge Theories.
- Alastair King (University of Bath): Derived Categories.
- Ignasi Mundet i Riera (Universitat de Barcelona): A Hitchin-Kobayashi Correspondence for Higgs Bundles.
- Alexander Schmitt (Freie Universitaet Berlin): Geometric Invariant Theory and Moduli Spaces.
On Fri 29 Feb, there will also be a special lecture:
- Tomas Gomez (CSIC Madrid): The Geometric Langlands Programme.
See http://www.mat.csic.es/webpages/moduli2008/school/ for updated information.
- Ingenio MATHEMATICA (i-MATH), a CONSOLIDER research project of the Spanish Ministry of Education and Science.
- Node ICMAT of i-MATH
- Node CIEM of i-MATH