Third Workshop on Mathematical Cryptology. WMC 2012
The result of the evolution of the technology and the science is that today we are witnesses of an explosive growth in the applications of mathematics in cryptology. There is a growing interest among mathematicians and cryptographers in cryptosystems based on algebraic problems and in related cryptanalysis.
The Workshop on Mathematical Cryptology (WMC 2012) is the third of a series of meetings where the main purpose is to learn and discuss recent developments and emerging open problems derived from Cryptology and having mathematical interest. The WMC meetings are organized by the research group at the Universidad de Cantabria: Algorithmic Mathematics and Cryptography (AMAC).
Topics for WMC 2012 include, but are not limited to:
- Primality and integer factorization.
- Secure encryption schemes based on group theory.
- Multivariate polynomial cryptosystems.
- Elliptic and hyperelliptic curve cryptosystems.
- Computational complexity.
- Lattice-based cryptosystems.
- Computational number theory in Cryptology.
- Pseudorandom sequence generators for stream ciphers.
- Public key cryptosystem based on algebraic coding theory.
- Quantum Cryptography.
- nformation security with mathematical emphasis.
The workshop will consist of invited lectures, short contributed talks and posters.